Condor 2.0? honesty please

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR

FOLGORE 71

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby FOLGORE 71 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:50 pm

These are the kind of answers that many here on the forum have struggled to read ...
How can you say that the request for some new screenshots may delay development or extension to extend the release time of C2 ...?
Anyway I'm waiting ... I do not know if months or even years ... anyway I look.
Greetings and good work team Condor 2

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:20 pm

FOLGORE 71 wrote:These are the kind of answers that many here on the forum have struggled to read ...
How can you say that the request for some new screenshots may delay development or extension to extend the release time of C2 ...?
Anyway I'm waiting ... I do not know if months or even years ... anyway I look.
Greetings and good work team Condor 2

Ok, my last word.

To you a screenshot is just click and post.

But to us it's promotional material. We have to discuss what to have, what to show, then get it framed, with the correct weather settings. Then we check if we both like it, and retake if not.

The screenie shown in March this year took 2 days for this process.
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

sebbil

Postby sebbil » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:48 am

And now we know !! why we have to wait years for V2 :) :)

BenFest

Postby BenFest » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:45 am

It is perfection, sebbil. And that is what makes it unique.
Ben Fest
D-2701 - BF

pekkis924

Postby pekkis924 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:31 am

After 20 years working in sw industry I have yet to meet a developer who claims that sw is ready. That just does not happen. Mostly devs are terrified during releases. "what?? you are releasing??? but its not ready!!! omg - the managers ruined it all again". That is what to expect. :D But the truth is that you just have to release at some point. Reaching for perfection has no ending in this domain. :lol:

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:48 am

pekkis924 wrote:After 20 years working in sw industry I have yet to meet a developer who claims that sw is ready. That just does not happen. Mostly devs are terrified during releases. "what?? you are releasing??? but its not ready!!! omg - the managers ruined it all again". That is what to expect. :D But the truth is that you just have to release at some point. Reaching for perfection has no ending in this domain. :lol:

Wise words..

But some things must be as perfect as we can make them. Other things can be pushed into 2.1 or 2.2

Getting this balance right is quite tricky, but we think we have it down :)
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

Olympia

Postby Olympia » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:08 am

I'm an engineer. When training young engineers my first words were "always remember, perfect is the enemy of good enough"
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)
CN: AW

BBU25

Postby BBU25 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:31 pm

But perfection can be the best only at a time.
Honestly we can fly at a fine level with C1 waiting for C2.
And i prefer OXO working for the best if it is his choice knowing the final job wille be excellent.
Go on OXO,i appreciate your work and how you do it :D
Last edited by BBU25 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mauheb

Postby mauheb » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:16 pm

I think its very strange that lots of people are complaining on the development team for the amount of time it takes and that they're not releasing any information. Maybe you should consider the following before you post a reply complaining about how much time it is taking them.

These guys are working on Condor 2 besides their full-time jobs and they have families to take care off. It simply takes a lot of time to create a realistic gliding sim, probably thousands of hours and its being developed by only a few people in their spare time. I think that it is incredible that they managed to create a sim in approx 11 years with so little time per day to be able to work on it. Microsoft had a huge team to develop FSX and compared to Condor 1 it's just terrible (for gliding). In my opinion it is really offensive to keep bitching on them because of this. Maybe it would be a good idea to show some more appreciation for the development team.

Condor 2 team, take your time and thank you for how much time you guys are putting into this.

sebbil

Postby sebbil » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:23 pm

I will confirm 100 % ( when its freeware ) :) :)

terry1954

Postby terry1954 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:23 am

mauheb wrote:I think its very strange that lots of people are complaining on the development team for the amount of time it takes and that they're not releasing any information. Maybe you should consider the following before you post a reply complaining about how much time it is taking them.

These guys are working on Condor 2 besides their full-time jobs and they have families to take care off. It simply takes a lot of time to create a realistic gliding sim, probably thousands of hours and its being developed by only a few people in their spare time. I think that it is incredible that they managed to create a sim in approx 11 years with so little time per day to be able to work on it. Microsoft had a huge team to develop FSX and compared to Condor 1 it's just terrible (for gliding). In my opinion it is really offensive to keep bitching on them because of this. Maybe it would be a good idea to show some more appreciation for the development team.

Condor 2 team, take your time and thank you for how much time you guys are putting into this.

Well said, 100% agree.
Terry Foster

Comp No. TF1

Mikko

Postby Mikko » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:55 pm

Is there any chance of getting system requirements before the release? I suppose my 10 years old PC is a bit outdated so I might as well upgrade it in good time :D

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:08 pm

Mikko wrote:Is there any chance of getting system requirements before the release? I suppose my 10 years old PC is a bit outdated so I might as well upgrade it in good time :D

We suggest a dedicated GPU with 1gb and a i5 or i7 is ok.

The GPU should have benchmark (www.videocardbenchmark.net) result of 1000 minimum. 4000 is very good, and 8000 perfect. As always more is better :)

An onboard GPU is usable, but with severely reduced graphics settings.
OXO,
Condor Team
Official facebook page

sebbil

Postby sebbil » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Paul_UK

Postby Paul_UK » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:18 pm

OXO wrote:
Mikko wrote:Is there any chance of getting system requirements before the release? I suppose my 10 years old PC is a bit outdated so I might as well upgrade it in good time :D

We suggest a dedicated GPU with 1gb and a i5 or i7 is ok.

The GPU should have benchmark (http://www.videocardbenchmark.net) result of 1000 minimum. 4000 is very good, and 8000 perfect. As always more is better :)

An onboard GPU is usable, but with severely reduced graphics settings.

The 8 year old system still has life in it yet then. I've an old i7 930 (@4.2) and a GTX780 (which is 7970 on those charts) so now I don't have a reason to build a new system......dammit :lol:

Genuine question. I am wanting to purchase a new monitor in the near future, focused mainly towards simming. I am looking at a screen with a resolution of 3440x1440 (ultra widescreen). Will Condor 2 be able to take advantage of this resolution? Little point me going ahead with the purchase otherwise. The new monitor may end up being the reason I need to build a new system :mrgreen: I can't be bothered with multi screen setups at home and think this style of monitor the best compromise.
Bronze by Spring......I hope!
Bronze C completed 3-4-2017 - Hoping worked :mrgreen:

Return to “General”