Condor 2.0? honesty please

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR

LukiASK23

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby LukiASK23 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:10 pm

Shared Cockpit would be a nice function for V2, then you can practice cable ruptures :lol: :P :twisted:

SteveK

Postby SteveK » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Why do you need shared control for virtual cable breaks? just let the "Instructor" release the cable at the least convenient moment from the keyboard. He does not need to be able to take control if you get the recovery wrong as crashing does not hurt as much in Condor as it does in RL (and if you break your glider, there is always a shiny new one waiting for you in the Condor hangar!).

SteveK
disclaimer. Don't try this in RL - Crashing does hurt there, and new gliders are harder to come by!.

LukiASK23

Postby LukiASK23 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Yeah that is right, but you can tease the other :lol: :lol: :lol:

MARCU365

Postby MARCU365 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:54 pm

I am really looking foward for Condor V2 :D , is there any new information about the release date or about the glider types :wink:

Paul_UK

Postby Paul_UK » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:22 pm

SteveK wrote:Why do you need shared control for virtual cable breaks? just let the "Instructor" release the cable at the least convenient moment from the keyboard. He does not need to be able to take control if you get the recovery wrong as crashing does not hurt as much in Condor as it does in RL (and if you break your glider, there is always a shiny new one waiting for you in the Condor hangar!).

SteveK
disclaimer. Don't try this in RL - Crashing does hurt there, and new gliders are harder to come by!.

You don't need dual control for this though. Just an option to set the Winch into launch failure mode which will then do random launch failures at various heights and it'd also be clever if it could simulate gradual power loss scenarios too. It all depends how far the devs want to take Condor with regards to using it as a training tool as well as for competition flying.
Bronze by Spring......I hope!
Bronze C completed 3-4-2017 - Hoping worked :mrgreen:

LukiASK23

Postby LukiASK23 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:24 pm

Will there be any upgrade function to Condor V2? That you pay less money, if you own Condor V1 or something like that?

jjmaloss

Postby jjmaloss » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:12 am

Personally, I think that we waited long enough to get a new condor. The software is supposed to be in α-β mode and it is not time to add new functionality. The software should be stabilised and tested. In France, we say that the better is the enemy of the good (Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien).

pstrzel

Postby pstrzel » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:44 pm

Lately I've been visiting the forum more than I've been flying Condor. I forgot why. My interest has waned over the past year to a point that I'm not sure I'll even be buying V2. Just a couple of years ago I thought I'd be willing to pay upwards of $150 for it. I went from learning and building sceneries late at night after work down to this :?. Hobbies come and go I guess. Not blaming anyone, but it's something to consider. Cheers!

Olympia

Postby Olympia » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:54 pm

Lately I've been visiting the forum more than I've been flying Condor. I forgot why. My interest has waned over the past year to a point that I'm not sure I'll even be buying V2. Just a couple of years ago I thought I'd be willing to pay upwards of $150 for it. I went from learning and building sceneries late at night after work down to this . Hobbies come and go I guess. Not blaming anyone, but it's something to consider. Cheers!

Hmm. I'm in the same boat. I haven't flown Condor for months now hoping that my next flights would be in v.2. I guess I may be dead before v.2 turns up.
Disappointing really.

OGOM
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)
CN: AW

tom eagles

Postby tom eagles » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:46 pm

Hey Folks,

Don't give up :) It's the end of the summer Holidays, we have kids etc to take care of so for some of us its soaring time in r/l as well as looking after our kids etc. Everyone get's a vacation and time off so remember we do as well. No one works full time on condor we all have full time work, so yeah sometimes it looks like there is no progress but there is always something happening just not the full weight of the team 24/7.

And Alisdair don't ya dare die before its released!!

Berblinger

Postby Berblinger » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:32 am

pstrzel wrote:Lately I've been visiting the forum more than I've been flying Condor. I forgot why. My interest has waned over the past year to a point that I'm not sure I'll even be buying V2. Just a couple of years ago I thought I'd be willing to pay upwards of $150 for it. I went from learning and building sceneries late at night after work down to this :?. Hobbies come and go I guess. Not blaming anyone, but it's something to consider. Cheers!

+1 That's exactly what I think

tom eagles wrote:Hey Folks, Don't give up :)
I already did
tom eagles wrote:..., so yeah sometimes it looks like there is no progress ...
Sometimes :?: :lol: I simply feel like stalled (play on words not intentionally)

Of course and to be honest, you are not bound to release V2 at all, but after all it looks like you are just trying to keep the community busy
I'd wish some clear statements about new features, progress, etc.
And last but not least: It has been suggested before: Kickstarter, Open Source (business model could be a server for a fee) or something similar are not a bad idea

Rainer

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:25 am

pstrzel wrote:Lately I've been visiting the forum more than I've been flying Condor. I forgot why. My interest has waned over the past year to a point that I'm not sure I'll even be buying V2. Just a couple of years ago I thought I'd be willing to pay upwards of $150 for it. I went from learning and building sceneries late at night after work down to this :?. Hobbies come and go I guess. Not blaming anyone, but it's something to consider. Cheers!

As you are credited in the list of contributors to Condor2, you wont need to buy it. :mrgreen:

.. but I'm 100% certain you would anyway, once you see what we have done.
OXO,
Condor Team

phil_delaine

Postby phil_delaine » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:28 am

once you see what we have done

OXO, let us see that, my purse is open.
Thanks
Join Condor Café at http://condor-velivole.eu/

pstrzel

Postby pstrzel » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:33 pm

As you are credited in the list of contributors to Condor2, you wont need to buy it. :mrgreen:

.. but I'm 100% certain you would anyway, once you see what we have done.

See, I even forgot about that :) . And you're right, I probably would. Oh, BTW, what have you done? :mrgreen:

notl33tbyfar

Postby notl33tbyfar » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:52 pm

How can we contribute to condor v2?

Return to “General”