Condor 2.0? honesty please

Discussion related to the Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO, GR

Slartibartfast

Re: Condor 2.0? honesty please

Postby Slartibartfast » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:22 am

In my opinion, what it really needs is multi-monitor support!
(or possibly VR support but lets not start another VR debate)

I'm with janjansen in that the easiest way to provide this would be to implement a 'ready rolled' graphics engine (like Unity). If the devs have their own reasons for not doing so then so be it but I really don't what that decision to be at the expense of supporting multiple monitors. If it is, than I'm afraid that really will be a deal breaker for me.

Now you can call me an unsophisticated 'candy kiddie' and be of the opinion that you wouldn't want me part of your community anyway all you wish, but the simple fact is that not supporting multiple monitors in this day is going to severely limit appeal of the simulator.

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:36 am

Ok, that's enough of the unfounded misinformation.

You have already been told that it is dx11.

Dx11 supports multi screens.

As you have never used Condor, please give up with the speculation.
OXO,
Condor Team

Slartibartfast

Postby Slartibartfast » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:02 am

What? I am not speculating. We were discussing the merits of using a ready made graphics engine. If you want us to cease such discussion than of course we will stop, but their is no unfounded misinformation being spread.

This is however the first time it has been categorically stated that Condor V2 will support multiple monitors, which is very good news :) :)

ts

Postby ts » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:23 am

Slartibartfast wrote:This is however the first time it has been categorically stated that Condor V2 will support multiple monitors, which is very good news :) :)

It has been stated that Condor 2 uses DirectX11, and DirectX supports multiple screens. I think the confusion is that the flight sim community understands with 'multiple monitor' the support of different camera angles for each monitor. This avoids the screen distortion on the edges and allows building a more realistic cockpit experience.
A very simple solution (from a developer standpoint) is to allow multiple slave instances of Condor connect to one master. The slave instances only render additional camera angles. Each additional instance can be sold with an additional license. This solution is used by x-plane.

Belive or not, many many years ago I changed a sail plane simulator to support multi monitor with diffrent camera angles by reading out the result of the flightmodel calculation and injected it into another instance of the same slightly hacked programm that had the flightmodel calculation disabled. (I think it was a bit jerky and i transmitted only the local coordinates so after a minute the position desynchronized).
That sail plane simulator was at that time the best of its class ... and is still.

Regards Tom

janjansen

Postby janjansen » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:43 am

OXO wrote:Ok, that's enough of the unfounded misinformation.

You have already been told that it is dx11.

Dx11 supports multi screens.

Not sure anyone doubted that, as we can even make condor V1 support multiple screens.

Slartibartfast was really talking about multiple viewport rendering, so that angled monitors or projectors dont look as stretched and distorted.

DirectX has for ages supported the use of view ports but rendering multiple, angled viewports on different monitors its not a feature that is somehow automatically enabled, you would still have to implement it. Since you're not commenting on that, I think we better assume V2 wont support it. I can live with that, track ir on a single monitor is good enough I suppose, but cockpit builders may be disappointed.

OXO
Condor Team

Postby OXO » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:50 am

Only 2 days ago I split this topic to have the multi monitor/vr discussion separate.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17399

Anybody starting the multimonitor discussion here again will be hearing from me.
OXO,
Condor Team

Pegazur

Postby Pegazur » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:09 pm

In fact nobody "needs" Condor V2. V1 is good enough for almost everything except weather modeling in mountains but it's not an issue to have fun. Just keep cool and wait....

Sephiroth0014

Postby Sephiroth0014 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:38 pm

What about this.... Time is not important
ImageImage

anomander

Postby anomander » Thu May 04, 2017 10:53 pm

So.... despite all hope that 2.0 will arive soon I spent some money on V.1

After some reading its seems like it´s worth it... and if V2 will be ready anytime soon I will deem this money as an clap on the developer´s shoulders :-)

HornetSk

Postby HornetSk » Fri May 05, 2017 12:38 pm

This is my way to fill the time unless V2 come..:-) . But weather is better for V1 or V2 as dor real flying...

http://www.fatraglide.sk/

FSPilot14

Postby FSPilot14 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:18 pm

Very Very random question.....

Will " Condor 2 " be supported on Mac/Linux? I run Mac myself and was running condor in a virtual computer and running windows on it. This made my FPS suffer massively sadly.

Condor 2 is shaping up to be amazing and i thought nothing could top V1.... so cant wait, thanks for putting so much work into Condor 2 to OXO and co.

Thanks,
Bradley

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Postby EDB » Wed May 10, 2017 11:31 am

I think they test it on Windows 7 and Windows 10 and running on Bootcamp for Apple OS users...
viewtopic.php?p=150340#p150340
SKINS : Team the Netherlands 5.3 and Dutch Nationals 14.10

From the developers : Condor V2 is now in Alpha

In the 32-bit world, time won’t go beyond Tuesday 2038-01-19 03:14:07 (UTC). Instead it will return to Friday 1901-12-13 20:45:52 (UTC).

tberry

Postby tberry » Wed May 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Condor V1 runs beautifully on the Mac in Bootcamp. Virtual machines are unusable.

janjansen

Postby janjansen » Wed May 10, 2017 11:47 pm

Considering V2 will use DX11, you can safely forget a native linux (or OSX) port.
I recall trying V1 on linux using wine3D. IIRC, that actually worked pretty well with high framerates, except for the joystick input that didnt work at all. Which is a pretty minor detail :). But that was many years ago.

Virtual machines that support GPU 3D acceleration may work well too, considering how low the performance requirements for V1 are.
For V2, its anyone's guess, but you probably will want to run it on windows.

zendesigner

Postby zendesigner » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:02 pm

maybe you could have a look at my last post that was 10 , YES 10 years ago.... The topic was is Condor dead?

Glad to see NOTHING has changed so far...

I'll believe it when i see it....... Come back in 5 i guess :o
[url=http://www.condor.cc/pilot_details.php?id=11337]
Image[/url]

Return to “General”